EA Sports dumps NBA Elite 11
In the latest news in the saga of indefinitely delayed basketball title NBA Elite 11 it seems that EA Sports has given up on this year's title.
EA CFO Eric Brown has told investors in their latest financial quarterly report that NBA Elite 11 has been completely cancelled.
The game was originally indefinitely delayed two weeks before release after the demo was found to be riddled with bugs that made the game almost unplayable.
John Schappert COO of EA added that the series would no longer be handled by EA Canada in Vancouver. He said: "Future development of Elite will be handled at EA Tiburon." The Tiburon team is responsible for the Madden franchise.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3