IO Interactive layoffs confirmed
Square Enix has confirmed that there has been some layoffs at Hitman developer IO Interactive.
The size of the cuts facing IO are as yet unclear but it is the second round of cuts that the Danish studio has been forced to make this year.
A statement issued to Kotaku: "I can confirm that we have made some internal changes at IO Interactive which has regrettably resulted in the loss of some jobs," a rep said in a statement. "This is a natural part of any studio's existence when you ramp-up and ramp-down on projects to ensure you have the right level of resource and expertise within the studio. We genuinely wish those who have been affected by this, the best of luck for the future."
Hitman 5 is rumoured to be in development at IO Interactive and destined for a a release in time for Christmas 2011.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny