IO Interactive layoffs confirmed
Square Enix has confirmed that there has been some layoffs at Hitman developer IO Interactive.
The size of the cuts facing IO are as yet unclear but it is the second round of cuts that the Danish studio has been forced to make this year.
A statement issued to Kotaku: "I can confirm that we have made some internal changes at IO Interactive which has regrettably resulted in the loss of some jobs," a rep said in a statement. "This is a natural part of any studio's existence when you ramp-up and ramp-down on projects to ensure you have the right level of resource and expertise within the studio. We genuinely wish those who have been affected by this, the best of luck for the future."
Hitman 5 is rumoured to be in development at IO Interactive and destined for a a release in time for Christmas 2011.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer