IO Interactive layoffs confirmed
Square Enix has confirmed that there has been some layoffs at Hitman developer IO Interactive.
The size of the cuts facing IO are as yet unclear but it is the second round of cuts that the Danish studio has been forced to make this year.
A statement issued to Kotaku: "I can confirm that we have made some internal changes at IO Interactive which has regrettably resulted in the loss of some jobs," a rep said in a statement. "This is a natural part of any studio's existence when you ramp-up and ramp-down on projects to ensure you have the right level of resource and expertise within the studio. We genuinely wish those who have been affected by this, the best of luck for the future."
Hitman 5 is rumoured to be in development at IO Interactive and destined for a a release in time for Christmas 2011.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3