IO Interactive layoffs confirmed
Square Enix has confirmed that there has been some layoffs at Hitman developer IO Interactive.
The size of the cuts facing IO are as yet unclear but it is the second round of cuts that the Danish studio has been forced to make this year.
A statement issued to Kotaku: "I can confirm that we have made some internal changes at IO Interactive which has regrettably resulted in the loss of some jobs," a rep said in a statement. "This is a natural part of any studio's existence when you ramp-up and ramp-down on projects to ensure you have the right level of resource and expertise within the studio. We genuinely wish those who have been affected by this, the best of luck for the future."
Hitman 5 is rumoured to be in development at IO Interactive and destined for a a release in time for Christmas 2011.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date