PC is the cutting edge says Levine
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has been talking about the PC and what it means to him.
The System Shock creator hailed the PC and the source of all innovation in the games industry.
Levine said: "After a long day in front of a PC, the last thing I want to do is come home and sit in front of a PC. I hear this all the time from game developers. It is not something you'll hear from me. When it comes down to it, as a gamer, I'm a PC. I like the kind of games you can play on it. I like that designers know they have your full attention, so they feel comfortable EXPECTING your full attention. I like the ergonomics of the thing, the mouse and keyboard, the effortless transition from gaming to browsing to typing. I'm an alt-tab kind of guy."
He continued: "Sometimes it's a disaster. In fact, usually it is. Most ideas are terrible. But sometimes it's Steam. And sometimes it's modding. And sometimes it's Minecraft. And then we all, gamers and developers, get to high-five the universe and think about how lucky we are. What's the future of PCs? Again, fuck if I know. But here's something you can take the bank: If you want to know the future of gaming, buy a PC. And pay attention. Because above all, that thing on your desk is a crystal ball."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year