New Mortal Kombat is targeted to both casual and pro players
While the Mortal Kombat franchise has traditionally been excluded from professional fighting tournaments, NetherRealm Studios is working hard to ensure the latest iteration of the game can be played at both hardcore and casual levels.
In fact, NetherRealm Studios even brought in a number of fighting game aficionados to help fine-tune the title's balance and feature list.
"We have some amazing fighting game 'experts' playing our game and giving us constant feedback," creative director Ed Boon told Shack News. "At the same time we want the game to be accessible for all Mortal Kombat players, so there is something for all types of fans. It's important for us that anyone can pick up the controller and have fun right away."
Mortal Kombat is set to return to its roots next year, when the title launches for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light