Analyst: EA MMA is "dead on arrival"
One analytical firm is not happy with the performance of EA Sports' mixed martial arts title or even EA itself this year so far.
Cowan and Company's Doug Creutz pronounced EA MMA dead on arrival after the title placed in at just 23 in the sales charts in the US in its first week.
He began: "EA's recently released MMA appears to be more or less DOA at retail, while UFC recently announced an extension of its license with THQ, likely putting an end to EA's efforts to expand into the mixed martial arts genre."
Creutz also said that EA as a whole has had a poor year this year as a whole adding: "Medal of Honor earned weak reviews, and we expect sales post the launch period to decline precipitously - particularly once Call of Duty: Black Ops hits retail."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter