Nintendo not pushing WiiWare enough says Zoonami
The boss of indie developer Zoonami, Martin Hollis has been critical of the way Nintendo has been promoting its downloadable games services on Wii and Dsi.
Despite his saying that that Nintendo has not been putting enough PR weight behind WiiWare and DSiWare he still believes that developers can have a lot of success on the platforms.
Hollis told GamesIndustry.biz: "Apple have had such massive success in capturing media attention - they've sucked all of the air out of it. I don't know that Nintendo's putting a great deal of energy into trying to generate PR for WiiWare or DsiWare."
He added: "My impression is that you can make a game if you've got a few thousand Euros, Dollars, Pounds - because you will need a dev kit or two.. [If] you've got two really talented guys, you can make a game, and you can sell 200,000 and upwards. Some of the titles are 8 GBP or 10 GBP. So the opportunities are there for people, you have to make a game that fits in with Nintendo - has a Nintendo feeling."
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May