Nintendo not pushing WiiWare enough says Zoonami
The boss of indie developer Zoonami, Martin Hollis has been critical of the way Nintendo has been promoting its downloadable games services on Wii and Dsi.
Despite his saying that that Nintendo has not been putting enough PR weight behind WiiWare and DSiWare he still believes that developers can have a lot of success on the platforms.
Hollis told GamesIndustry.biz: "Apple have had such massive success in capturing media attention - they've sucked all of the air out of it. I don't know that Nintendo's putting a great deal of energy into trying to generate PR for WiiWare or DsiWare."
He added: "My impression is that you can make a game if you've got a few thousand Euros, Dollars, Pounds - because you will need a dev kit or two.. [If] you've got two really talented guys, you can make a game, and you can sell 200,000 and upwards. Some of the titles are 8 GBP or 10 GBP. So the opportunities are there for people, you have to make a game that fits in with Nintendo - has a Nintendo feeling."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone