APB may still make a return
APB was shut down at the end of the summer after within only a couple of months of release after its developer Realtime Worlds went bust.
It seems that the ambitious MMO may not be as dead as the first thought. Some patch notes have appeared from an unknown source that suggest that a buyer may still be found for the game as Realtime Worlds' administration period draws to a close.
The supposed patch notes stated: "It's looking like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for APB. The end of the administration process is apparently close and there appears to be a buyer for the game."
Of course, with the document's source unknown this news could well be a hoax and, given that EA has already been distributing free games to those who purchased APB on Steam APB may well be dead and gone.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week