APB may still make a return
APB was shut down at the end of the summer after within only a couple of months of release after its developer Realtime Worlds went bust.
It seems that the ambitious MMO may not be as dead as the first thought. Some patch notes have appeared from an unknown source that suggest that a buyer may still be found for the game as Realtime Worlds' administration period draws to a close.
The supposed patch notes stated: "It's looking like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for APB. The end of the administration process is apparently close and there appears to be a buyer for the game."
Of course, with the document's source unknown this news could well be a hoax and, given that EA has already been distributing free games to those who purchased APB on Steam APB may well be dead and gone.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine