Apple eyeing up EA or Sony for a purchase?
What do you do with a spare 51 million USD? Apparently Steve Jobs is in this unfortunate predicament and may have his eyes set on picking up a major player in the games industry.
In his most recent conference call with investors Jobs spoke of strategic opportunities that they may take advantage of in the future due to their cash rich position.
Jobs explained to investors: "We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position. So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future."
US analysts, Kaufman Brothers believe that Apple have some very big targets in their sites naming EA, Disney, Netflix, Sony and even Facebook as possibilities.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year