Apple eyeing up EA or Sony for a purchase?
What do you do with a spare 51 million USD? Apparently Steve Jobs is in this unfortunate predicament and may have his eyes set on picking up a major player in the games industry.
In his most recent conference call with investors Jobs spoke of strategic opportunities that they may take advantage of in the future due to their cash rich position.
Jobs explained to investors: "We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position. So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future."
US analysts, Kaufman Brothers believe that Apple have some very big targets in their sites naming EA, Disney, Netflix, Sony and even Facebook as possibilities.
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below