Apple eyeing up EA or Sony for a purchase?
What do you do with a spare 51 million USD? Apparently Steve Jobs is in this unfortunate predicament and may have his eyes set on picking up a major player in the games industry.
In his most recent conference call with investors Jobs spoke of strategic opportunities that they may take advantage of in the future due to their cash rich position.
Jobs explained to investors: "We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position. So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future."
US analysts, Kaufman Brothers believe that Apple have some very big targets in their sites naming EA, Disney, Netflix, Sony and even Facebook as possibilities.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though