Apple eyeing up EA or Sony for a purchase?
What do you do with a spare 51 million USD? Apparently Steve Jobs is in this unfortunate predicament and may have his eyes set on picking up a major player in the games industry.
In his most recent conference call with investors Jobs spoke of strategic opportunities that they may take advantage of in the future due to their cash rich position.
Jobs explained to investors: "We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position. So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future."
US analysts, Kaufman Brothers believe that Apple have some very big targets in their sites naming EA, Disney, Netflix, Sony and even Facebook as possibilities.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May