Apple eyeing up EA or Sony for a purchase?
What do you do with a spare 51 million USD? Apparently Steve Jobs is in this unfortunate predicament and may have his eyes set on picking up a major player in the games industry.
In his most recent conference call with investors Jobs spoke of strategic opportunities that they may take advantage of in the future due to their cash rich position.
Jobs explained to investors: "We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position. So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future."
US analysts, Kaufman Brothers believe that Apple have some very big targets in their sites naming EA, Disney, Netflix, Sony and even Facebook as possibilities.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users