DOOM gets quietly removed from Xbox Live
It was only a matter of time before the Activision-published DOOM would be removed from Xbox Live Arcade but it seems to have gone without a bang.
As Gamerbytes discovered this week DOOM was the highest-profile title to be removed from Xbox Live without warning this week.
The reason Zenimax's purchase of id Software means that once current deals expire all bets are off and Activision will no longer be able to publish DOOM on XBLA especially if they have to pay royalties to a major rival.
This probably means that Wolfenstein 3D may also make an unceremonious disappearance from Xbox Live and PSN when it's current deals run out.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree