DOOM gets quietly removed from Xbox Live
It was only a matter of time before the Activision-published DOOM would be removed from Xbox Live Arcade but it seems to have gone without a bang.
As Gamerbytes discovered this week DOOM was the highest-profile title to be removed from Xbox Live without warning this week.
The reason Zenimax's purchase of id Software means that once current deals expire all bets are off and Activision will no longer be able to publish DOOM on XBLA especially if they have to pay royalties to a major rival.
This probably means that Wolfenstein 3D may also make an unceremonious disappearance from Xbox Live and PSN when it's current deals run out.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access