DOOM gets quietly removed from Xbox Live
It was only a matter of time before the Activision-published DOOM would be removed from Xbox Live Arcade but it seems to have gone without a bang.
As Gamerbytes discovered this week DOOM was the highest-profile title to be removed from Xbox Live without warning this week.
The reason Zenimax's purchase of id Software means that once current deals expire all bets are off and Activision will no longer be able to publish DOOM on XBLA especially if they have to pay royalties to a major rival.
This probably means that Wolfenstein 3D may also make an unceremonious disappearance from Xbox Live and PSN when it's current deals run out.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May