DOOM gets quietly removed from Xbox Live
It was only a matter of time before the Activision-published DOOM would be removed from Xbox Live Arcade but it seems to have gone without a bang.
As Gamerbytes discovered this week DOOM was the highest-profile title to be removed from Xbox Live without warning this week.
The reason Zenimax's purchase of id Software means that once current deals expire all bets are off and Activision will no longer be able to publish DOOM on XBLA especially if they have to pay royalties to a major rival.
This probably means that Wolfenstein 3D may also make an unceremonious disappearance from Xbox Live and PSN when it's current deals run out.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3