DOOM gets quietly removed from Xbox Live
It was only a matter of time before the Activision-published DOOM would be removed from Xbox Live Arcade but it seems to have gone without a bang.
As Gamerbytes discovered this week DOOM was the highest-profile title to be removed from Xbox Live without warning this week.
The reason Zenimax's purchase of id Software means that once current deals expire all bets are off and Activision will no longer be able to publish DOOM on XBLA especially if they have to pay royalties to a major rival.
This probably means that Wolfenstein 3D may also make an unceremonious disappearance from Xbox Live and PSN when it's current deals run out.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer