Atari announces Greatest Hits arcade compilation for DS
Atari has announced that they will be bringing 50 of their classic 2600 and arcade games to the DS on one cartridge.
The pack called Atari's Greatest Hits: Volume 1 will include games like Asteroids, Pong, Tempest, Centipede and Missile Command and will add a whole bunch of new features including multi-card multiplayer modes for those games that featured two player options.
Volume 1 also adds original game manuals for each title, an Atari memorabilia showcase and bonus features including a new Atari Trivia game where players can test themselves on Atari's history and then share their scores on online leaderboards.
John Burns, GM of Atari Europe said: "Featuring 50 of Atari's most iconic games that defined a generation, the launch of Ataris Greatest Hits: Volume 1 is a dream come true for casual players. With the inclusion of a new single cartridge multiplayer mode, original game manuals and new special content, the compilation offers players the chance to re-live the old school days of classic arcade games"
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today