Atari announces Greatest Hits arcade compilation for DS
Atari has announced that they will be bringing 50 of their classic 2600 and arcade games to the DS on one cartridge.
The pack called Atari's Greatest Hits: Volume 1 will include games like Asteroids, Pong, Tempest, Centipede and Missile Command and will add a whole bunch of new features including multi-card multiplayer modes for those games that featured two player options.
Volume 1 also adds original game manuals for each title, an Atari memorabilia showcase and bonus features including a new Atari Trivia game where players can test themselves on Atari's history and then share their scores on online leaderboards.
John Burns, GM of Atari Europe said: "Featuring 50 of Atari's most iconic games that defined a generation, the launch of Ataris Greatest Hits: Volume 1 is a dream come true for casual players. With the inclusion of a new single cartridge multiplayer mode, original game manuals and new special content, the compilation offers players the chance to re-live the old school days of classic arcade games"
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch