Atari announces Greatest Hits arcade compilation for DS
Atari has announced that they will be bringing 50 of their classic 2600 and arcade games to the DS on one cartridge.
The pack called Atari's Greatest Hits: Volume 1 will include games like Asteroids, Pong, Tempest, Centipede and Missile Command and will add a whole bunch of new features including multi-card multiplayer modes for those games that featured two player options.
Volume 1 also adds original game manuals for each title, an Atari memorabilia showcase and bonus features including a new Atari Trivia game where players can test themselves on Atari's history and then share their scores on online leaderboards.
John Burns, GM of Atari Europe said: "Featuring 50 of Atari's most iconic games that defined a generation, the launch of Ataris Greatest Hits: Volume 1 is a dream come true for casual players. With the inclusion of a new single cartridge multiplayer mode, original game manuals and new special content, the compilation offers players the chance to re-live the old school days of classic arcade games"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3