Atari announces Greatest Hits arcade compilation for DS
Atari has announced that they will be bringing 50 of their classic 2600 and arcade games to the DS on one cartridge.
The pack called Atari's Greatest Hits: Volume 1 will include games like Asteroids, Pong, Tempest, Centipede and Missile Command and will add a whole bunch of new features including multi-card multiplayer modes for those games that featured two player options.
Volume 1 also adds original game manuals for each title, an Atari memorabilia showcase and bonus features including a new Atari Trivia game where players can test themselves on Atari's history and then share their scores on online leaderboards.
John Burns, GM of Atari Europe said: "Featuring 50 of Atari's most iconic games that defined a generation, the launch of Ataris Greatest Hits: Volume 1 is a dream come true for casual players. With the inclusion of a new single cartridge multiplayer mode, original game manuals and new special content, the compilation offers players the chance to re-live the old school days of classic arcade games"
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year