Patrice Desilets explains why he joined THQ
The former creative director on the Assassin's Creed series, Patrice Desilets, who left Ubisoft at the beginning of the summer has explained the reasons behind him joining THQ at their new studio in Montreal.
Desilets stated in a letter to Kotaku that he left Ubisoft after 13 years to take some time out with his family and then pursue new opportunities. As a mark of respect to those that he has worked with previously in the industry he will not be beginning his work with THQ until next summer but he will be heading up his own team in THQ's new Montreal super studio.
Desilets wrote: "As you may know, last May, I made the difficult decision to leave Ubisoft after 13 incredible years. I felt that it was the right time for me to pursue new opportunities as well as enjoy life outside the industry. Since then, a lot of speculation and rumours grew as to where the next chapter of my career would bring me. Today, I am happy to share with you my decision to join forces with THQ. Under my own label and team, which has yet to be created, I will be making my next few games within THQ's Montreal-based studios."
He continued saying that he would be ready to reveal his new ideas at next years E3. He said: "I am very eager to start working on new games, but for various reasons and mostly out of respect for those who gave me my first chance in the industry, I will not be working on any projects until Summer of 2011. Now I will go back to my obliged creative hibernation and enjoy spending time with my family... I can't wait to see you all at E3 2011 where I will be revealing a lot more. Until then, I hope you all buy and enjoy AC: Brotherhood and Homefront:) I know I will."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey