Apple: Steam on Mac was just what the doctor ordered
Apple's chief operating officer Tim Cook has been talking about how Steam's arrival on Mac has affected their home computer platform.
Speaking at their Back to the Mac event in California today Cook had nothing but good things to say about what Valve are doing for the Mac as a gaming platform through Steam.
Although Macs only account for around five percent of the users on Steam, Cook said that the arrival of Steam on the Mac has vastly improved the Mac's standing as a gaming platform.
Cook said: "We have new devs like Valve. They're bringing titles simultaneously to the Mac and PC. Like Half Life. This is great for the Mac, and a great shot in the arm for gaming on Macs."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone