Apple: Steam on Mac was just what the doctor ordered
Apple's chief operating officer Tim Cook has been talking about how Steam's arrival on Mac has affected their home computer platform.
Speaking at their Back to the Mac event in California today Cook had nothing but good things to say about what Valve are doing for the Mac as a gaming platform through Steam.
Although Macs only account for around five percent of the users on Steam, Cook said that the arrival of Steam on the Mac has vastly improved the Mac's standing as a gaming platform.
Cook said: "We have new devs like Valve. They're bringing titles simultaneously to the Mac and PC. Like Half Life. This is great for the Mac, and a great shot in the arm for gaming on Macs."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday