Apple: Steam on Mac was just what the doctor ordered
Apple's chief operating officer Tim Cook has been talking about how Steam's arrival on Mac has affected their home computer platform.
Speaking at their Back to the Mac event in California today Cook had nothing but good things to say about what Valve are doing for the Mac as a gaming platform through Steam.
Although Macs only account for around five percent of the users on Steam, Cook said that the arrival of Steam on the Mac has vastly improved the Mac's standing as a gaming platform.
Cook said: "We have new devs like Valve. They're bringing titles simultaneously to the Mac and PC. Like Half Life. This is great for the Mac, and a great shot in the arm for gaming on Macs."
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday