Apple: Steam on Mac was just what the doctor ordered
Apple's chief operating officer Tim Cook has been talking about how Steam's arrival on Mac has affected their home computer platform.
Speaking at their Back to the Mac event in California today Cook had nothing but good things to say about what Valve are doing for the Mac as a gaming platform through Steam.
Although Macs only account for around five percent of the users on Steam, Cook said that the arrival of Steam on the Mac has vastly improved the Mac's standing as a gaming platform.
Cook said: "We have new devs like Valve. They're bringing titles simultaneously to the Mac and PC. Like Half Life. This is great for the Mac, and a great shot in the arm for gaming on Macs."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny