Apple: Steam on Mac was just what the doctor ordered
Apple's chief operating officer Tim Cook has been talking about how Steam's arrival on Mac has affected their home computer platform.
Speaking at their Back to the Mac event in California today Cook had nothing but good things to say about what Valve are doing for the Mac as a gaming platform through Steam.
Although Macs only account for around five percent of the users on Steam, Cook said that the arrival of Steam on the Mac has vastly improved the Mac's standing as a gaming platform.
Cook said: "We have new devs like Valve. They're bringing titles simultaneously to the Mac and PC. Like Half Life. This is great for the Mac, and a great shot in the arm for gaming on Macs."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update