MS: Now is not the time for 3D
While both Sony and Nintendo are pushing 3D on their respective platforms, Microsoft hasn't announced any plans to incorporate the technology into the Xbox 360.
According to Xbox boss Phil Spencer, this is because 3D technology is still too young. Spencer told CNN that, at this point, 3D is very cost prohibitive, while it's also unintuitive.
"A bunch of people sitting around the living room wearing $150 glasses - I'm just not sure thats kind of mainstream today," he explained."Trying to get a bunch of people playing together in a room where not everybody sees the same thing is kind of a weird disconnect to me."
The 3DS is may be the answer to Spencer's proposed problems. The device uses a new technology that displays 3D without the need for glasses.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer