MS: Now is not the time for 3D
While both Sony and Nintendo are pushing 3D on their respective platforms, Microsoft hasn't announced any plans to incorporate the technology into the Xbox 360.
According to Xbox boss Phil Spencer, this is because 3D technology is still too young. Spencer told CNN that, at this point, 3D is very cost prohibitive, while it's also unintuitive.
"A bunch of people sitting around the living room wearing $150 glasses - I'm just not sure thats kind of mainstream today," he explained."Trying to get a bunch of people playing together in a room where not everybody sees the same thing is kind of a weird disconnect to me."
The 3DS is may be the answer to Spencer's proposed problems. The device uses a new technology that displays 3D without the need for glasses.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey