MS: Now is not the time for 3D
While both Sony and Nintendo are pushing 3D on their respective platforms, Microsoft hasn't announced any plans to incorporate the technology into the Xbox 360.
According to Xbox boss Phil Spencer, this is because 3D technology is still too young. Spencer told CNN that, at this point, 3D is very cost prohibitive, while it's also unintuitive.
"A bunch of people sitting around the living room wearing $150 glasses - I'm just not sure thats kind of mainstream today," he explained."Trying to get a bunch of people playing together in a room where not everybody sees the same thing is kind of a weird disconnect to me."
The 3DS is may be the answer to Spencer's proposed problems. The device uses a new technology that displays 3D without the need for glasses.
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria