iTunes now home to over 300,000 apps
Apple has revealed that the AppStore on iTunes has passed an impressive milestone in terms of the number of applications available.
There are now over 300,000 Apps available for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad.
This is exceptionally impressive given that there were only 250,000 applications on the AppStore on August the 28th of this year.
By way of a comparison the Android Market is home to 113,123 applications. The news makes the AppStore one of the most successful application platforms of all time.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One