iTunes now home to over 300,000 apps
Apple has revealed that the AppStore on iTunes has passed an impressive milestone in terms of the number of applications available.
There are now over 300,000 Apps available for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad.
This is exceptionally impressive given that there were only 250,000 applications on the AppStore on August the 28th of this year.
By way of a comparison the Android Market is home to 113,123 applications. The news makes the AppStore one of the most successful application platforms of all time.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3