Moore sees disc-less future for FIFA franchise
EA Sports president Peter Moore has been talking about how he sees the future panning out for the FIFA franchise.
Moore told MCV that, while FIFA's immediate future is on disc, there will come a time that the game will become a digital service running 365 days a year instead of a new disc produced annually.
The EA Sports president said: "Football for most of us is pretty constant. This year there was, what, a 15 day off-season. And even then we were thinking about it and reading about it. Thats the space football occupies in our lives and thats how we've got to look at it. We need to provide that persistent world, maybe sometimes powered by discs, maybe on social networks, or the cloud or whatever. That's the team's vision, that no matter where you are or what you're using, theres a FIFA experience to be had, it all links together, it lifts your level up and identifies your status."
He added: "Personally I still think there'll be discs five years from now. But generally yes, of course, I think there will come a time when FIFA is less a disc that you wait for in late September/early October, and more something that we provide 365 days a year. In a few years time I expect to have less of a team developing and as many if not more doing live operations."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year