Dead Space Ignition to be free with pre-orders
While Dead Space 2 may not make it out in time for the holidays, series fans will still be able to get their Dead Space fix with free copies of Dead Space Ignition - if they pre-order the sequel, that is.
As a stand-alone game, Ignition is slated to cost $5 or 400 MS points when it launches later this week. However, if gamers reserve their games at select retailers, they will receive the prologue for free.
"Dead Space Ignition is a great way to jump back into the Dead Space universe while the Visceral development team completes the final stages of Dead Space 2," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer of the Dead Space franchise. "Dead Space Ignition will show fans what happens in the hours leading up to the beginning of Dead Space 2 with gameplay that is fast-paced and accessible.
Ignition features a unique combination of puzzle-solving mini-games interspersed with comic book-style cutscenes.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3