Dead Space Ignition to be free with pre-orders
While Dead Space 2 may not make it out in time for the holidays, series fans will still be able to get their Dead Space fix with free copies of Dead Space Ignition - if they pre-order the sequel, that is.
As a stand-alone game, Ignition is slated to cost $5 or 400 MS points when it launches later this week. However, if gamers reserve their games at select retailers, they will receive the prologue for free.
"Dead Space Ignition is a great way to jump back into the Dead Space universe while the Visceral development team completes the final stages of Dead Space 2," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer of the Dead Space franchise. "Dead Space Ignition will show fans what happens in the hours leading up to the beginning of Dead Space 2 with gameplay that is fast-paced and accessible.
Ignition features a unique combination of puzzle-solving mini-games interspersed with comic book-style cutscenes.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title