Dead Space Ignition to be free with pre-orders
While Dead Space 2 may not make it out in time for the holidays, series fans will still be able to get their Dead Space fix with free copies of Dead Space Ignition - if they pre-order the sequel, that is.
As a stand-alone game, Ignition is slated to cost $5 or 400 MS points when it launches later this week. However, if gamers reserve their games at select retailers, they will receive the prologue for free.
"Dead Space Ignition is a great way to jump back into the Dead Space universe while the Visceral development team completes the final stages of Dead Space 2," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer of the Dead Space franchise. "Dead Space Ignition will show fans what happens in the hours leading up to the beginning of Dead Space 2 with gameplay that is fast-paced and accessible.
Ignition features a unique combination of puzzle-solving mini-games interspersed with comic book-style cutscenes.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit