Dead Space Ignition to be free with pre-orders
While Dead Space 2 may not make it out in time for the holidays, series fans will still be able to get their Dead Space fix with free copies of Dead Space Ignition - if they pre-order the sequel, that is.
As a stand-alone game, Ignition is slated to cost $5 or 400 MS points when it launches later this week. However, if gamers reserve their games at select retailers, they will receive the prologue for free.
"Dead Space Ignition is a great way to jump back into the Dead Space universe while the Visceral development team completes the final stages of Dead Space 2," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer of the Dead Space franchise. "Dead Space Ignition will show fans what happens in the hours leading up to the beginning of Dead Space 2 with gameplay that is fast-paced and accessible.
Ignition features a unique combination of puzzle-solving mini-games interspersed with comic book-style cutscenes.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year