Dead Space Ignition to be free with pre-orders
While Dead Space 2 may not make it out in time for the holidays, series fans will still be able to get their Dead Space fix with free copies of Dead Space Ignition - if they pre-order the sequel, that is.
As a stand-alone game, Ignition is slated to cost $5 or 400 MS points when it launches later this week. However, if gamers reserve their games at select retailers, they will receive the prologue for free.
"Dead Space Ignition is a great way to jump back into the Dead Space universe while the Visceral development team completes the final stages of Dead Space 2," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer of the Dead Space franchise. "Dead Space Ignition will show fans what happens in the hours leading up to the beginning of Dead Space 2 with gameplay that is fast-paced and accessible.
Ignition features a unique combination of puzzle-solving mini-games interspersed with comic book-style cutscenes.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free