The Darkness sequel hits some legal snags
The team that created The Darkness as an IP, comic book company Top Cow Productions has been shedding some light on the delays behind the rumoured sequel.
Top Cow's marketing director Atom! Freeman explained to Joystiq at this year's New York Comic Con that they were having a few rights issues with the property that are holding up the sequel's production.
Freeman said: "There are certain rights issues that we needed to clear up in order to move ahead with The Darkness 2. Those are getting cleared up. While there are no specific plans, it is definitely that is still on all of our minds."
He added: "We loved the game. The fans loved the game. There's no reason to not do another one. Just making sure that all of our ducks are in a row so that we can begin that process."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO