The Darkness sequel hits some legal snags
The team that created The Darkness as an IP, comic book company Top Cow Productions has been shedding some light on the delays behind the rumoured sequel.
Top Cow's marketing director Atom! Freeman explained to Joystiq at this year's New York Comic Con that they were having a few rights issues with the property that are holding up the sequel's production.
Freeman said: "There are certain rights issues that we needed to clear up in order to move ahead with The Darkness 2. Those are getting cleared up. While there are no specific plans, it is definitely that is still on all of our minds."
He added: "We loved the game. The fans loved the game. There's no reason to not do another one. Just making sure that all of our ducks are in a row so that we can begin that process."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today