The Darkness sequel hits some legal snags
The team that created The Darkness as an IP, comic book company Top Cow Productions has been shedding some light on the delays behind the rumoured sequel.
Top Cow's marketing director Atom! Freeman explained to Joystiq at this year's New York Comic Con that they were having a few rights issues with the property that are holding up the sequel's production.
Freeman said: "There are certain rights issues that we needed to clear up in order to move ahead with The Darkness 2. Those are getting cleared up. While there are no specific plans, it is definitely that is still on all of our minds."
He added: "We loved the game. The fans loved the game. There's no reason to not do another one. Just making sure that all of our ducks are in a row so that we can begin that process."
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam