The Darkness sequel hits some legal snags
The team that created The Darkness as an IP, comic book company Top Cow Productions has been shedding some light on the delays behind the rumoured sequel.
Top Cow's marketing director Atom! Freeman explained to Joystiq at this year's New York Comic Con that they were having a few rights issues with the property that are holding up the sequel's production.
Freeman said: "There are certain rights issues that we needed to clear up in order to move ahead with The Darkness 2. Those are getting cleared up. While there are no specific plans, it is definitely that is still on all of our minds."
He added: "We loved the game. The fans loved the game. There's no reason to not do another one. Just making sure that all of our ducks are in a row so that we can begin that process."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer