Doom: The Board Game planned
Whilst we're not attendees of the Game Manufacturers Association trade show, perhaps we should re-think our absence, as this year's event apparently revealed an official Doom board game currently being 'developed' (created?) by a firm called Fantasy Flight Games.
The new board game is apparently licensed by Doom developers id Software, and is said to be based heavily upon the forthcoming Doom 3. Plastic models of game characters will feature, as well as a board engineered to be customised into the player's design of map, as well as featuring over-sized dice and a variety of 'weapons'.
Doom: The Board Game will be released stateside this October. No word have we on a European debut, however.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching