Doom: The Board Game planned
Whilst we're not attendees of the Game Manufacturers Association trade show, perhaps we should re-think our absence, as this year's event apparently revealed an official Doom board game currently being 'developed' (created?) by a firm called Fantasy Flight Games.
The new board game is apparently licensed by Doom developers id Software, and is said to be based heavily upon the forthcoming Doom 3. Plastic models of game characters will feature, as well as a board engineered to be customised into the player's design of map, as well as featuring over-sized dice and a variety of 'weapons'.
Doom: The Board Game will be released stateside this October. No word have we on a European debut, however.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3