Doom: The Board Game planned
Whilst we're not attendees of the Game Manufacturers Association trade show, perhaps we should re-think our absence, as this year's event apparently revealed an official Doom board game currently being 'developed' (created?) by a firm called Fantasy Flight Games.
The new board game is apparently licensed by Doom developers id Software, and is said to be based heavily upon the forthcoming Doom 3. Plastic models of game characters will feature, as well as a board engineered to be customised into the player's design of map, as well as featuring over-sized dice and a variety of 'weapons'.
Doom: The Board Game will be released stateside this October. No word have we on a European debut, however.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today