GameStop preorders for Black Ops exceed Modern Warfare 2
If GameStop's pre-order numbers are any indication, Call of Duty: Black Ops may just be on track to beating the launch records set by Modern Warfare 2 last Christmas.
The news will please Activision who are investing their biggest marketing budget ever into making Call of Duty: Black Ops beat the highs achieved by Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.
GameStop's Bob MacKenzie told IGN: "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."
Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to launch worldwide on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on November the 9th almost a year to the day after the record-breaking launch of Modern Warfare 2.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016