GameStop preorders for Black Ops exceed Modern Warfare 2
If GameStop's pre-order numbers are any indication, Call of Duty: Black Ops may just be on track to beating the launch records set by Modern Warfare 2 last Christmas.
The news will please Activision who are investing their biggest marketing budget ever into making Call of Duty: Black Ops beat the highs achieved by Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.
GameStop's Bob MacKenzie told IGN: "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."
Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to launch worldwide on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on November the 9th almost a year to the day after the record-breaking launch of Modern Warfare 2.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3