GameStop preorders for Black Ops exceed Modern Warfare 2
If GameStop's pre-order numbers are any indication, Call of Duty: Black Ops may just be on track to beating the launch records set by Modern Warfare 2 last Christmas.
The news will please Activision who are investing their biggest marketing budget ever into making Call of Duty: Black Ops beat the highs achieved by Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.
GameStop's Bob MacKenzie told IGN: "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."
Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to launch worldwide on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on November the 9th almost a year to the day after the record-breaking launch of Modern Warfare 2.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III