GameStop preorders for Black Ops exceed Modern Warfare 2
If GameStop's pre-order numbers are any indication, Call of Duty: Black Ops may just be on track to beating the launch records set by Modern Warfare 2 last Christmas.
The news will please Activision who are investing their biggest marketing budget ever into making Call of Duty: Black Ops beat the highs achieved by Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.
GameStop's Bob MacKenzie told IGN: "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."
Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to launch worldwide on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on November the 9th almost a year to the day after the record-breaking launch of Modern Warfare 2.
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent