GameStop preorders for Black Ops exceed Modern Warfare 2
If GameStop's pre-order numbers are any indication, Call of Duty: Black Ops may just be on track to beating the launch records set by Modern Warfare 2 last Christmas.
The news will please Activision who are investing their biggest marketing budget ever into making Call of Duty: Black Ops beat the highs achieved by Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.
GameStop's Bob MacKenzie told IGN: "GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."
Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to launch worldwide on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on November the 9th almost a year to the day after the record-breaking launch of Modern Warfare 2.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like