Jumpgate offers Earth and Beyond asylum
Jumpgate developer NetDevil has tendered a generous offer to aggrieved Earth and Beyond players who'll be losing their game in September - the offer tabled being a free 30-day trial of their space combat/trade title in return for redundant Earth and Beyond discs.
Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Institutive, is a persistent online space universe, along similar lines to Westwood/EA's flagging creation, and offers a heady blend of trading and combat which should appeal to Earth and Beyond's followers. The offer is apparently open until October 31st this year, and we're guessing a few former EA devotees may take advantage.
"We are troubled to see the small online space genre losing another excellent game. At NetDevil, we're hoping that players are still looking for something different in a market saturated with fantasy games. If players want to fly a spaceship, we obviously welcome them to check out Jumpgate," enthused Jumpgate Programmer Josh Johnston.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year