World of Warcraft nears Beta
The day of reckoning has finally come for those lucky few selected to participate in Blizzard's World of Warcraft closed beta test, as the trial finally kicks-off, focussing on the 'Alliance' side of the new MMORPG. The Alliance comprises the human, dwarf, gnome, and night elf playable races, and includes the classes mage, paladin, priest, rogue, warlock and warrior.
Further on in the beta test, the developers at Blizzard plan to add the 'Horde' races to the trial, including trolls, orcs, taurens and the undead. Hopefully with the beta now under way we'll begin to hear a little more on this much anticipated game, an online epic set against the Warcraft backdrop made famous by the uber-successful RTS series. More as we get it, then.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer