World of Warcraft nears Beta
The day of reckoning has finally come for those lucky few selected to participate in Blizzard's World of Warcraft closed beta test, as the trial finally kicks-off, focussing on the 'Alliance' side of the new MMORPG. The Alliance comprises the human, dwarf, gnome, and night elf playable races, and includes the classes mage, paladin, priest, rogue, warlock and warrior.
Further on in the beta test, the developers at Blizzard plan to add the 'Horde' races to the trial, including trolls, orcs, taurens and the undead. Hopefully with the beta now under way we'll begin to hear a little more on this much anticipated game, an online epic set against the Warcraft backdrop made famous by the uber-successful RTS series. More as we get it, then.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year