Call of Duty: Black Ops to go 3D
Activision has announced that, as a little bonus for all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 Call of Duty fans out there, Black Ops will be presented in 3D.
While 3D versions on the PS3 and PC were probably to be expected given the push that Sony and NVIDIA are giving to their 3D technologies the 3D version on the Xbox 360 is a welcome surprise joining Avatar and Crysis 2 as some of the minority of games that support 3D on the 360.
Treyarch boss Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R and D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."
He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year