Call of Duty: Black Ops to go 3D
Activision has announced that, as a little bonus for all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 Call of Duty fans out there, Black Ops will be presented in 3D.
While 3D versions on the PS3 and PC were probably to be expected given the push that Sony and NVIDIA are giving to their 3D technologies the 3D version on the Xbox 360 is a welcome surprise joining Avatar and Crysis 2 as some of the minority of games that support 3D on the 360.
Treyarch boss Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R and D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."
He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto
- Double Fine gives a release date for Broken Age Act 2
- YouTube preparing to launch a game and eSports streaming service