Call of Duty: Black Ops to go 3D
Activision has announced that, as a little bonus for all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 Call of Duty fans out there, Black Ops will be presented in 3D.
While 3D versions on the PS3 and PC were probably to be expected given the push that Sony and NVIDIA are giving to their 3D technologies the 3D version on the Xbox 360 is a welcome surprise joining Avatar and Crysis 2 as some of the minority of games that support 3D on the 360.
Treyarch boss Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R and D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."
He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet