Call of Duty: Black Ops to go 3D
Activision has announced that, as a little bonus for all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 Call of Duty fans out there, Black Ops will be presented in 3D.
While 3D versions on the PS3 and PC were probably to be expected given the push that Sony and NVIDIA are giving to their 3D technologies the 3D version on the Xbox 360 is a welcome surprise joining Avatar and Crysis 2 as some of the minority of games that support 3D on the 360.
Treyarch boss Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R and D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."
He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year