Call of Duty: Black Ops to go 3D
Activision has announced that, as a little bonus for all the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 Call of Duty fans out there, Black Ops will be presented in 3D.
While 3D versions on the PS3 and PC were probably to be expected given the push that Sony and NVIDIA are giving to their 3D technologies the 3D version on the Xbox 360 is a welcome surprise joining Avatar and Crysis 2 as some of the minority of games that support 3D on the 360.
Treyarch boss Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R and D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops. Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."
He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal