Capcom revises earnings forecast due to Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2 is disappointing Capcom's investors as well as game critics - earlier today, the Japanese publisher revised it's annual earnings forecast in light of the title's lacklustre retail performance.
Capcom had expected Lost Planet 2 to be a big hit among Western gamers, predicting it would shift more than 3 million units. However, critics bemoaned the game's design and as a result, the Lost Planet 2 missed Capcom's lofty expectations.
An official company report notes,"Capcom has been unable to offset the large shortfall in sales relative to the plan for the flagship title "Lost Planet 2" that was released overseas in the fiscal year's first quarter."
Overall, the Japanese publisher trimmed its net income by more than 40 percent or 1.2 billion yen from its original projections.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny