Capcom revises earnings forecast due to Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2 is disappointing Capcom's investors as well as game critics - earlier today, the Japanese publisher revised it's annual earnings forecast in light of the title's lacklustre retail performance.
Capcom had expected Lost Planet 2 to be a big hit among Western gamers, predicting it would shift more than 3 million units. However, critics bemoaned the game's design and as a result, the Lost Planet 2 missed Capcom's lofty expectations.
An official company report notes,"Capcom has been unable to offset the large shortfall in sales relative to the plan for the flagship title "Lost Planet 2" that was released overseas in the fiscal year's first quarter."
Overall, the Japanese publisher trimmed its net income by more than 40 percent or 1.2 billion yen from its original projections.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light