APB creator Dave Jones to join Epic?
The latest big rumour circulating in the games press is that the man who dreamed up the failed MMO APB, Dave Jones could be joining Epic.
According to Scottish new site Herald Scotland Dave Jones has been linked with a senior job within the Gears of War developer due to his close friendship with Epic boss Mark Rein.
While this is reportedly going on in the background, the bulk of Realtime Worlds' staff made redundant in the middle of August are still to be paid their redundancy pay.
Not only this but former Project: MyWorld artist Tahir Rashid said that they were not even given the proper 90-day consultation period before being made redundant.
Rashid said: "They should have given everyone a 90-day consultation period. The  MyWorld staff were given a 30-day consultation before they were made redundant on August 13th. The APB staff were only given an hour [on August 17th]."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network