Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
Destiny writer Joshua Rubin has joined Telltale Games to assist in development of their upcoming Game Of Thrones episodic series.
Rubin joins Telltale off the back of two year stint at Bungie working on Destiny. He has also worked at Ubisoft, Capcom and EA Visceral. This was an irresistable job offer for him though. Rubin said, “I couldn't turn down an offer from Telltale, to create games that are entirely about story.”
He revealed the news on Twitter saying, "Thrilled to share that, after two great years at Bungie, I’ve moved to sunny CA to join [Telltale Games]! [Game of Thrones' show runners] Benioff and Weiss have set an incredibly high standard for writing. I'm inspired by their work every season. I’m gonna have to up my game!"
There's no indication of a release date for the Game Of Thrones series as yet but it may be some time as The Walking Dead: Season Two is not finished yet and the Tales From The Borderlands will be the next game on Telltale's release agenda.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer