Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
Destiny writer Joshua Rubin has joined Telltale Games to assist in development of their upcoming Game Of Thrones episodic series.
Rubin joins Telltale off the back of two year stint at Bungie working on Destiny. He has also worked at Ubisoft, Capcom and EA Visceral. This was an irresistable job offer for him though. Rubin said, “I couldn't turn down an offer from Telltale, to create games that are entirely about story.”
He revealed the news on Twitter saying, "Thrilled to share that, after two great years at Bungie, I’ve moved to sunny CA to join [Telltale Games]! [Game of Thrones' show runners] Benioff and Weiss have set an incredibly high standard for writing. I'm inspired by their work every season. I’m gonna have to up my game!"
There's no indication of a release date for the Game Of Thrones series as yet but it may be some time as The Walking Dead: Season Two is not finished yet and the Tales From The Borderlands will be the next game on Telltale's release agenda.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title