Sucker Punch: InFamous 2 only possible on PS3
While Sucker Punch has worked exclusively for Sony the past decade, the Washington-based studio is fairly confident that its latest title, inFamous 2, couldn't be done on Microsoft's rival platform, the Xbox 360.
Being able to focus development on a single platform has made producing the game much easier, says Sucker Punch co-founder Bruce Oberg. As he notes, when studios need to develop for two separate consoles, the software ends up being compromised by limitations of both. Of course, having the PlayStation's cell processor is also a perk.
"I just don't know if other platforms have the horsepower to pull it off," he tells Eurogamer. "At the end of inFamous 1 we were using 30 per cent of the Cell processors at any one time. Now we're creeping up over 50 and 60 per cent, because we know how to put things on to the Cell processors."
InFamous 2 is due out next year, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year