Sucker Punch: InFamous 2 only possible on PS3
While Sucker Punch has worked exclusively for Sony the past decade, the Washington-based studio is fairly confident that its latest title, inFamous 2, couldn't be done on Microsoft's rival platform, the Xbox 360.
Being able to focus development on a single platform has made producing the game much easier, says Sucker Punch co-founder Bruce Oberg. As he notes, when studios need to develop for two separate consoles, the software ends up being compromised by limitations of both. Of course, having the PlayStation's cell processor is also a perk.
"I just don't know if other platforms have the horsepower to pull it off," he tells Eurogamer. "At the end of inFamous 1 we were using 30 per cent of the Cell processors at any one time. Now we're creeping up over 50 and 60 per cent, because we know how to put things on to the Cell processors."
InFamous 2 is due out next year, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch