Sucker Punch: InFamous 2 only possible on PS3
While Sucker Punch has worked exclusively for Sony the past decade, the Washington-based studio is fairly confident that its latest title, inFamous 2, couldn't be done on Microsoft's rival platform, the Xbox 360.
Being able to focus development on a single platform has made producing the game much easier, says Sucker Punch co-founder Bruce Oberg. As he notes, when studios need to develop for two separate consoles, the software ends up being compromised by limitations of both. Of course, having the PlayStation's cell processor is also a perk.
"I just don't know if other platforms have the horsepower to pull it off," he tells Eurogamer. "At the end of inFamous 1 we were using 30 per cent of the Cell processors at any one time. Now we're creeping up over 50 and 60 per cent, because we know how to put things on to the Cell processors."
InFamous 2 is due out next year, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer