Sucker Punch: InFamous 2 only possible on PS3
While Sucker Punch has worked exclusively for Sony the past decade, the Washington-based studio is fairly confident that its latest title, inFamous 2, couldn't be done on Microsoft's rival platform, the Xbox 360.
Being able to focus development on a single platform has made producing the game much easier, says Sucker Punch co-founder Bruce Oberg. As he notes, when studios need to develop for two separate consoles, the software ends up being compromised by limitations of both. Of course, having the PlayStation's cell processor is also a perk.
"I just don't know if other platforms have the horsepower to pull it off," he tells Eurogamer. "At the end of inFamous 1 we were using 30 per cent of the Cell processors at any one time. Now we're creeping up over 50 and 60 per cent, because we know how to put things on to the Cell processors."
InFamous 2 is due out next year, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet