Unreal Championship 2 revealed
Microsoft have today announced a sequel to the original multiplayer-styled Unreal Championship, which debuted shortly after the Xbox's launch here and clearly impressed sufficiently to encourage Epic Games to create this sequel, titled: Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.
The new title is scheduled for a launch in Q4 2004, but we're reliably informed that this new creation will be no mere port of Unreal Tournament 2004 (out next week in Europe), being played instead from a third-person perspective and featuring combo-moves too.
More console-influenced combat is the order of the day, too, including a greater diversity of 'moves', more agile players, a range of 'power-ups', and new single player options. The modes offered on this front include a new Campaign, and a Tournament option.
Of course, multiplayer will still be a preoccupation for Epic who plan system link capabilities, and Xbox Live support - including use of the popular leader board system. Oh, and you can still play it from a first-person perspective, if you want. More on this as we get it.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone