Unreal Championship 2 revealed
Microsoft have today announced a sequel to the original multiplayer-styled Unreal Championship, which debuted shortly after the Xbox's launch here and clearly impressed sufficiently to encourage Epic Games to create this sequel, titled: Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.
The new title is scheduled for a launch in Q4 2004, but we're reliably informed that this new creation will be no mere port of Unreal Tournament 2004 (out next week in Europe), being played instead from a third-person perspective and featuring combo-moves too.
More console-influenced combat is the order of the day, too, including a greater diversity of 'moves', more agile players, a range of 'power-ups', and new single player options. The modes offered on this front include a new Campaign, and a Tournament option.
Of course, multiplayer will still be a preoccupation for Epic who plan system link capabilities, and Xbox Live support - including use of the popular leader board system. Oh, and you can still play it from a first-person perspective, if you want. More on this as we get it.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too