EA taps award-winning composer Djawadi for MOH
Electronic Arts hopes to further engage consumers in Medal of Honor's compelling storyline by tapping award-winning Hollywood composer Ramin Djawadi to score the game.
"The new version of a landmark game always requires a next-level soundtrack," said Steve Schnur, worldwide executive of music and marketing at EA. "But this 'reinvention' of Medal of Honor demanded a composer who could create an epic score that brings the game into a whole new era."
Djawadi is using a blend of edgy modern music with traditional orchestral instruments to heighten the culture clash between the American combatants and Middle Eastern insurgents. "The fact that it is modern day with various locations asked for a completely different approach both stylistically and thematically," he explained.
The Hollywood composer has worked on a number of successful projects, including the Iron Man franchise and the television show Prison Break.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3