Medal of Honor open beta to launch at the beginning of October
EA has announced that as well as holding closed beta testing sessions for Medal of Honor's multiplayer they will also hold a short open beta testing session at the beginning of October.
PC gamers will be able to get their hands on the beta version of Medal of Honor's multiplayer in a limited open beta test between the 4th and the 8th of October.
The open beta will feature two levels, Kunar Base and Shandikot Mountains. Kunar Base will be playable in Sector Control mode where two teams fight for control of various sectors of the map. Shandikot Mountains will be available in Combat Mission mode which will see one team attempting to compete a set of objectives with the other team trying to stop them. Both maps will be full 12-on-12 multiplayer.
EA's Frank Gibeau elaborates: "The Open Beta of the Medal of Honor multiplayer mode will allow players to sample the authenticity and adrenaline-fueled action that the full game will offer on October 15. We also hope that by offering the Multiplayer Open Beta, we can clear up any misunderstanding about the patriotism and respect that are the foundation of this game. The Medal of Honor franchise has always shown extraordinary reverence for American and Allied soldiers -- this game is no exception."
FPS fans can sign up for the open beta on the Medal of Honor official website.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network