Activision secures the NASCAR publishing rights
News has emerged that the next NASCAR game will be published by Activision and not the long-running license-holder EA Sports.
NASCAR 11 will be developed by the good people at Eutechnyx under the watchful eye of Ed Martin who oversaw the series at EA Sports.
EA Sports president Peter Moore explained: "We had a great relationship over the years that I thoroughly enjoyed when I first got here. Unfortunately... we had to make some tough trade-offs. We've had to redeploy some of those folks. A number of the NASCAR team has moved over now to EA Sports MMA, which will be shipping next year. [We're] still a huge fan of NASCAR, but no plans right now to develop any further games for NASCAR from EA Sports."
The last NASCAR game to be released by EA Sports was NASCAR 09 and was followed by a NASCAR karting title in February 2009. NASCAR is also set to make an appearance in Gran Turismo 5.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone