Activision secures the NASCAR publishing rights
News has emerged that the next NASCAR game will be published by Activision and not the long-running license-holder EA Sports.
NASCAR 11 will be developed by the good people at Eutechnyx under the watchful eye of Ed Martin who oversaw the series at EA Sports.
EA Sports president Peter Moore explained: "We had a great relationship over the years that I thoroughly enjoyed when I first got here. Unfortunately... we had to make some tough trade-offs. We've had to redeploy some of those folks. A number of the NASCAR team has moved over now to EA Sports MMA, which will be shipping next year. [We're] still a huge fan of NASCAR, but no plans right now to develop any further games for NASCAR from EA Sports."
The last NASCAR game to be released by EA Sports was NASCAR 09 and was followed by a NASCAR karting title in February 2009. NASCAR is also set to make an appearance in Gran Turismo 5.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week