Activision secures the NASCAR publishing rights
News has emerged that the next NASCAR game will be published by Activision and not the long-running license-holder EA Sports.
NASCAR 11 will be developed by the good people at Eutechnyx under the watchful eye of Ed Martin who oversaw the series at EA Sports.
EA Sports president Peter Moore explained: "We had a great relationship over the years that I thoroughly enjoyed when I first got here. Unfortunately... we had to make some tough trade-offs. We've had to redeploy some of those folks. A number of the NASCAR team has moved over now to EA Sports MMA, which will be shipping next year. [We're] still a huge fan of NASCAR, but no plans right now to develop any further games for NASCAR from EA Sports."
The last NASCAR game to be released by EA Sports was NASCAR 09 and was followed by a NASCAR karting title in February 2009. NASCAR is also set to make an appearance in Gran Turismo 5.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue