Activision secures the NASCAR publishing rights
News has emerged that the next NASCAR game will be published by Activision and not the long-running license-holder EA Sports.
NASCAR 11 will be developed by the good people at Eutechnyx under the watchful eye of Ed Martin who oversaw the series at EA Sports.
EA Sports president Peter Moore explained: "We had a great relationship over the years that I thoroughly enjoyed when I first got here. Unfortunately... we had to make some tough trade-offs. We've had to redeploy some of those folks. A number of the NASCAR team has moved over now to EA Sports MMA, which will be shipping next year. [We're] still a huge fan of NASCAR, but no plans right now to develop any further games for NASCAR from EA Sports."
The last NASCAR game to be released by EA Sports was NASCAR 09 and was followed by a NASCAR karting title in February 2009. NASCAR is also set to make an appearance in Gran Turismo 5.
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season