Activision secures the NASCAR publishing rights
News has emerged that the next NASCAR game will be published by Activision and not the long-running license-holder EA Sports.
NASCAR 11 will be developed by the good people at Eutechnyx under the watchful eye of Ed Martin who oversaw the series at EA Sports.
EA Sports president Peter Moore explained: "We had a great relationship over the years that I thoroughly enjoyed when I first got here. Unfortunately... we had to make some tough trade-offs. We've had to redeploy some of those folks. A number of the NASCAR team has moved over now to EA Sports MMA, which will be shipping next year. [We're] still a huge fan of NASCAR, but no plans right now to develop any further games for NASCAR from EA Sports."
The last NASCAR game to be released by EA Sports was NASCAR 09 and was followed by a NASCAR karting title in February 2009. NASCAR is also set to make an appearance in Gran Turismo 5.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015