Star Citizen is a PC game first and foremost, no dumbing down for consoles says Chris Roberts
Chris Roberts has reaffirmed his commitment to making Star Citizen the best triple-A PC title it can be.
On the Star Citizen forums he has stated that they will not be dumbing down the game to help it fit on other platforms although Roberts hasn't ruled out a next-gen console version of the game.
Roberts stated, “We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.”
On the matter of a console version he added, “IF the platform holders (Sony & Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms then I would CONSIDER supporting them.”
Thanks The Sixth Axis.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3