Star Citizen is a PC game first and foremost, no dumbing down for consoles says Chris Roberts
Chris Roberts has reaffirmed his commitment to making Star Citizen the best triple-A PC title it can be.
On the Star Citizen forums he has stated that they will not be dumbing down the game to help it fit on other platforms although Roberts hasn't ruled out a next-gen console version of the game.
Roberts stated, “We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.”
On the matter of a console version he added, “IF the platform holders (Sony & Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms then I would CONSIDER supporting them.”
Thanks The Sixth Axis.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below