Star Citizen is a PC game first and foremost, no dumbing down for consoles says Chris Roberts
Chris Roberts has reaffirmed his commitment to making Star Citizen the best triple-A PC title it can be.
On the Star Citizen forums he has stated that they will not be dumbing down the game to help it fit on other platforms although Roberts hasn't ruled out a next-gen console version of the game.
Roberts stated, “We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.”
On the matter of a console version he added, “IF the platform holders (Sony & Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms then I would CONSIDER supporting them.”
Thanks The Sixth Axis.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive