APB concept artist forms a new studio
One new studio has already risen from the ashes of the defunct Dundee developer Realtime Worlds.
Character and concept artist Jimmy O'Ready has formed a new studio named Montynero offering character design and concept art services to developers.
O'Ready explained the move to Develop Online: "The character art for APB was praised by the industry, thanks to a strong team effort over many years. For my part I'm interested in basing this company in Dundee, which is a great city full of talent, and collaborating on the next generation of game art with companies across the globe."
He added on the passing of APB: "Personally I felt delays in a couple of crucial areas meant APB simply missed its moment. I salute all the developers involved though, we had some superb people working incredibly hard."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday