APB concept artist forms a new studio
One new studio has already risen from the ashes of the defunct Dundee developer Realtime Worlds.
Character and concept artist Jimmy O'Ready has formed a new studio named Montynero offering character design and concept art services to developers.
O'Ready explained the move to Develop Online: "The character art for APB was praised by the industry, thanks to a strong team effort over many years. For my part I'm interested in basing this company in Dundee, which is a great city full of talent, and collaborating on the next generation of game art with companies across the globe."
He added on the passing of APB: "Personally I felt delays in a couple of crucial areas meant APB simply missed its moment. I salute all the developers involved though, we had some superb people working incredibly hard."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3