APB concept artist forms a new studio
One new studio has already risen from the ashes of the defunct Dundee developer Realtime Worlds.
Character and concept artist Jimmy O'Ready has formed a new studio named Montynero offering character design and concept art services to developers.
O'Ready explained the move to Develop Online: "The character art for APB was praised by the industry, thanks to a strong team effort over many years. For my part I'm interested in basing this company in Dundee, which is a great city full of talent, and collaborating on the next generation of game art with companies across the globe."
He added on the passing of APB: "Personally I felt delays in a couple of crucial areas meant APB simply missed its moment. I salute all the developers involved though, we had some superb people working incredibly hard."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer