APB concept artist forms a new studio
One new studio has already risen from the ashes of the defunct Dundee developer Realtime Worlds.
Character and concept artist Jimmy O'Ready has formed a new studio named Montynero offering character design and concept art services to developers.
O'Ready explained the move to Develop Online: "The character art for APB was praised by the industry, thanks to a strong team effort over many years. For my part I'm interested in basing this company in Dundee, which is a great city full of talent, and collaborating on the next generation of game art with companies across the globe."
He added on the passing of APB: "Personally I felt delays in a couple of crucial areas meant APB simply missed its moment. I salute all the developers involved though, we had some superb people working incredibly hard."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date