BioShock Infinite cranks up the quality of AI interactions
Irrational Games is focused on creating more realistic and meaningful AI interactions.
Ken Levine told GiantBomb that they are trying to make the NPCs interact with each other in a much more interesting way than has ever been done before.
Levine said: "In videogames, everything is always amped up to eleven, and you can always have them do bigger and bigger things. Sometimes, we we're like: 'How do we demonstrate that this guy is just f**king badass?', and the notion of grabbing a horse while running and that's a technologically a very difficult thing to do, because having a guy grab another guy thats moving, thats really challenging."
"In the original BioShock," he continued, "where the Big Daddy would pick up the Little Sister and put her behind him, I wanted a level of interactivity between AI because generally the AI really doesn't interact with each other in a meaningful way. But what were really focused on in Infinite is interaction between AI and really stepping that up, and really making them do interesting things together. You don't see a lot of that, and it's hard to do but were always always looking for things people haven't beat to death already."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today