BioShock Infinite cranks up the quality of AI interactions
Irrational Games is focused on creating more realistic and meaningful AI interactions.
Ken Levine told GiantBomb that they are trying to make the NPCs interact with each other in a much more interesting way than has ever been done before.
Levine said: "In videogames, everything is always amped up to eleven, and you can always have them do bigger and bigger things. Sometimes, we we're like: 'How do we demonstrate that this guy is just f**king badass?', and the notion of grabbing a horse while running and that's a technologically a very difficult thing to do, because having a guy grab another guy thats moving, thats really challenging."
"In the original BioShock," he continued, "where the Big Daddy would pick up the Little Sister and put her behind him, I wanted a level of interactivity between AI because generally the AI really doesn't interact with each other in a meaningful way. But what were really focused on in Infinite is interaction between AI and really stepping that up, and really making them do interesting things together. You don't see a lot of that, and it's hard to do but were always always looking for things people haven't beat to death already."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date