BioShock Infinite cranks up the quality of AI interactions
Irrational Games is focused on creating more realistic and meaningful AI interactions.
Ken Levine told GiantBomb that they are trying to make the NPCs interact with each other in a much more interesting way than has ever been done before.
Levine said: "In videogames, everything is always amped up to eleven, and you can always have them do bigger and bigger things. Sometimes, we we're like: 'How do we demonstrate that this guy is just f**king badass?', and the notion of grabbing a horse while running and that's a technologically a very difficult thing to do, because having a guy grab another guy thats moving, thats really challenging."
"In the original BioShock," he continued, "where the Big Daddy would pick up the Little Sister and put her behind him, I wanted a level of interactivity between AI because generally the AI really doesn't interact with each other in a meaningful way. But what were really focused on in Infinite is interaction between AI and really stepping that up, and really making them do interesting things together. You don't see a lot of that, and it's hard to do but were always always looking for things people haven't beat to death already."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone