BioShock Infinite cranks up the quality of AI interactions
Irrational Games is focused on creating more realistic and meaningful AI interactions.
Ken Levine told GiantBomb that they are trying to make the NPCs interact with each other in a much more interesting way than has ever been done before.
Levine said: "In videogames, everything is always amped up to eleven, and you can always have them do bigger and bigger things. Sometimes, we we're like: 'How do we demonstrate that this guy is just f**king badass?', and the notion of grabbing a horse while running and that's a technologically a very difficult thing to do, because having a guy grab another guy thats moving, thats really challenging."
"In the original BioShock," he continued, "where the Big Daddy would pick up the Little Sister and put her behind him, I wanted a level of interactivity between AI because generally the AI really doesn't interact with each other in a meaningful way. But what were really focused on in Infinite is interaction between AI and really stepping that up, and really making them do interesting things together. You don't see a lot of that, and it's hard to do but were always always looking for things people haven't beat to death already."
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage