New Pokemon sets Japanese record for fastest-selling game
Last week, Japanese gamers lined up en masse to pick up Nintendo's latest Pokemon offering, Black and White. Now, according to statistics released by software tracker Media Create, the duo of DS titles have set a Japanese record for the fastest-selling game.
The two titles combined sold 2.56 million copies during the first two days they were available, with Black selling 1.3 million units and White shifting 1.2 million. Because Media Create counts the games as a single SKU, Pokemon Black and White have set the records for largest launch and fastest-selling title.
The previous record holder was Final Fantasy VIII, which rode the coattails of its massively popular predecessor.
Pokemon Black and White also helped lift the sales of the DS, which shifted 85,770 units for the week. To date, 31 million DS handhelds have been sold in the territory.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free