PS3 gamers not alienated by 360 Dead Rising 2 content
Capcom's zombie-stomping action game Dead Rising debuted on the Xbox 360 to tremendous reception. To reward franchise supporters, the Japanese publisher released a paid prequel and recently announced DLC, both of which are exclusive to Microsoft's console.
While Capcom "feels sorry" that PS3 fans won't get the content, co-producer Shinsaku Ohara insists they are only missing out on a "little bit of extra."
"I think Inafune [Keiji, head of global R&D] said that we're sorry that it seems like you're getting a little bit less of the Dead Rising 2 universe, but you'll still be able to enjoy the full game," Ohara told Eurogamer. "You'll just miss a little bit of extra. We haven't completely alienated PS3 gamers because Dead Rising 2 is a standalone boxed product."
Regardless of which platform gamers own, they'll be able to get their hands on Dead Rising 2 when it hits shelves later this week.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3