PS3 gamers not alienated by 360 Dead Rising 2 content
Capcom's zombie-stomping action game Dead Rising debuted on the Xbox 360 to tremendous reception. To reward franchise supporters, the Japanese publisher released a paid prequel and recently announced DLC, both of which are exclusive to Microsoft's console.
While Capcom "feels sorry" that PS3 fans won't get the content, co-producer Shinsaku Ohara insists they are only missing out on a "little bit of extra."
"I think Inafune [Keiji, head of global R&D] said that we're sorry that it seems like you're getting a little bit less of the Dead Rising 2 universe, but you'll still be able to enjoy the full game," Ohara told Eurogamer. "You'll just miss a little bit of extra. We haven't completely alienated PS3 gamers because Dead Rising 2 is a standalone boxed product."
Regardless of which platform gamers own, they'll be able to get their hands on Dead Rising 2 when it hits shelves later this week.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date