PS3 gamers not alienated by 360 Dead Rising 2 content
Capcom's zombie-stomping action game Dead Rising debuted on the Xbox 360 to tremendous reception. To reward franchise supporters, the Japanese publisher released a paid prequel and recently announced DLC, both of which are exclusive to Microsoft's console.
While Capcom "feels sorry" that PS3 fans won't get the content, co-producer Shinsaku Ohara insists they are only missing out on a "little bit of extra."
"I think Inafune [Keiji, head of global R&D] said that we're sorry that it seems like you're getting a little bit less of the Dead Rising 2 universe, but you'll still be able to enjoy the full game," Ohara told Eurogamer. "You'll just miss a little bit of extra. We haven't completely alienated PS3 gamers because Dead Rising 2 is a standalone boxed product."
Regardless of which platform gamers own, they'll be able to get their hands on Dead Rising 2 when it hits shelves later this week.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO