PS3 gamers not alienated by 360 Dead Rising 2 content
Capcom's zombie-stomping action game Dead Rising debuted on the Xbox 360 to tremendous reception. To reward franchise supporters, the Japanese publisher released a paid prequel and recently announced DLC, both of which are exclusive to Microsoft's console.
While Capcom "feels sorry" that PS3 fans won't get the content, co-producer Shinsaku Ohara insists they are only missing out on a "little bit of extra."
"I think Inafune [Keiji, head of global R&D] said that we're sorry that it seems like you're getting a little bit less of the Dead Rising 2 universe, but you'll still be able to enjoy the full game," Ohara told Eurogamer. "You'll just miss a little bit of extra. We haven't completely alienated PS3 gamers because Dead Rising 2 is a standalone boxed product."
Regardless of which platform gamers own, they'll be able to get their hands on Dead Rising 2 when it hits shelves later this week.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer