We want more Halo says Microsoft
Microsoft has expressed a strong desire to create more Halo titles much more regularly.
Corporate VP of Microsoft Games Studios told IGN that one title every three years was unacceptable and they plan to give Halo fans a much more regular stream of titles.
He said: "There's no explicit strategy that says we're to ship a Halo game every year. I will say I think one Halo game every three years -- which was kind of our old cadence is probably not frequent enough."
"We're coming up on, what, next year is the 10th anniversary," added Spencer. "You watch the change in gamers in 10 years. The percentage of players who are playing Reach that were I'll say not old enough to play Halo 1 at the time, 10 years is a long time between launches. We definitely think about a more persistent Halo engagement for customers and not going dark for two years, and Live helps obviously with multiplayer to keep people engaged."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light