Dead Space 2 needs to be a success for series to continue
It's no secret that Dead Space: Extraction didn't meet the expectations that publisher Electronic Arts had set for it. Now, with Dead Space 2 set to ship in January, developer Visceral Games hopes the game is popular enough the studio will get to make a third entry.
"Nobody's going to just let you go and do another game just because," Dead Space 2 executive producer Steve Papoutsis told Eurogamer. "You have to have the people that are interested in it."
If another Dead Space title is green lit, the studio has several ideas for the action-horror franchise. That's only if the studio gets the chance, though. "Ultimately, just like with Dead Space 2, we have to have the support from the players in order to do it," Papoutsis added.
Dead Space 2 is set to release in January 2011, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey