Dead Space 2 needs to be a success for series to continue
It's no secret that Dead Space: Extraction didn't meet the expectations that publisher Electronic Arts had set for it. Now, with Dead Space 2 set to ship in January, developer Visceral Games hopes the game is popular enough the studio will get to make a third entry.
"Nobody's going to just let you go and do another game just because," Dead Space 2 executive producer Steve Papoutsis told Eurogamer. "You have to have the people that are interested in it."
If another Dead Space title is green lit, the studio has several ideas for the action-horror franchise. That's only if the studio gets the chance, though. "Ultimately, just like with Dead Space 2, we have to have the support from the players in order to do it," Papoutsis added.
Dead Space 2 is set to release in January 2011, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light