Halo: Reach best selling Xbox exclusive ever
Halo: Reach has made 200 million USD for Microsoft since its worldwide launch on Tuesday of last week.
Microsoft has been overwhelmed by the response the game has been getting after shifting 300,000 copies in the UK on day one alone.
Stephen McGill Microsoft's director of entertainment and marketing told MCV: "We obviously believed in the potential of Reach, and of Halo as a franchise, but to make over $200m sales on day one is a staggering result. The reception the game has received has been phenomenal. Halo: Reach has proved itself to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2010 and the best-selling Xbox exclusive in history."
He added: "In this first week alone over 2,000 human years have already been spent globally playing the campaign and multiplayer, not to mention the Forge and Theatre mode thats an utterly incredible."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title