Halo: Reach best selling Xbox exclusive ever
Halo: Reach has made 200 million USD for Microsoft since its worldwide launch on Tuesday of last week.
Microsoft has been overwhelmed by the response the game has been getting after shifting 300,000 copies in the UK on day one alone.
Stephen McGill Microsoft's director of entertainment and marketing told MCV: "We obviously believed in the potential of Reach, and of Halo as a franchise, but to make over $200m sales on day one is a staggering result. The reception the game has received has been phenomenal. Halo: Reach has proved itself to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2010 and the best-selling Xbox exclusive in history."
He added: "In this first week alone over 2,000 human years have already been spent globally playing the campaign and multiplayer, not to mention the Forge and Theatre mode thats an utterly incredible."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey