Halo: Reach best selling Xbox exclusive ever
Halo: Reach has made 200 million USD for Microsoft since its worldwide launch on Tuesday of last week.
Microsoft has been overwhelmed by the response the game has been getting after shifting 300,000 copies in the UK on day one alone.
Stephen McGill Microsoft's director of entertainment and marketing told MCV: "We obviously believed in the potential of Reach, and of Halo as a franchise, but to make over $200m sales on day one is a staggering result. The reception the game has received has been phenomenal. Halo: Reach has proved itself to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2010 and the best-selling Xbox exclusive in history."
He added: "In this first week alone over 2,000 human years have already been spent globally playing the campaign and multiplayer, not to mention the Forge and Theatre mode thats an utterly incredible."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light