Bioware Montreal planning a big expansion
Bioware is planning to double its Montreal workforce over the next three years.
The studio is to grow based on its successful contribution to the development of Mass Effect 2.
The studio is expecting to grow from 27 to 55 staff this year as it gears up to begin early production work on Mass Effect 3.
The studio is hoping to grow to 150 staff in three years time. Bioware's Yannick Roy explained: "Now that we've proven ourselves and shown that we can be successful, we're taking the next step. We're also doubling our contribution to whatever happens next in the Mass Effect franchise."
Thanks CBC News.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3