Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015
Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft has spoken about when they plan to scale down their support for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
This year they have continued to fully support the last-gen consoles with Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, the upcoming last-gen only Assassin's Creed: Rogue and even an Xbox 360 version of Ivory Tower's next-gen racing MMO The Crew.
He stated, “What we see is that this year is still fine for the PS3 and 360, but next year because they are selling very quickly, we’ll move to the new hardware. After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems.”
Thanks Game Informer.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny