Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015
Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft has spoken about when they plan to scale down their support for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
This year they have continued to fully support the last-gen consoles with Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, the upcoming last-gen only Assassin's Creed: Rogue and even an Xbox 360 version of Ivory Tower's next-gen racing MMO The Crew.
He stated, “What we see is that this year is still fine for the PS3 and 360, but next year because they are selling very quickly, we’ll move to the new hardware. After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems.”
Thanks Game Informer.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit