Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015
Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft has spoken about when they plan to scale down their support for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
This year they have continued to fully support the last-gen consoles with Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, the upcoming last-gen only Assassin's Creed: Rogue and even an Xbox 360 version of Ivory Tower's next-gen racing MMO The Crew.
He stated, “What we see is that this year is still fine for the PS3 and 360, but next year because they are selling very quickly, we’ll move to the new hardware. After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems.”
Thanks Game Informer.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week