Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announced
Over the weekend, Namco Bandai announced the second iteration of its popular Tekken spin-off, Tekken Tag Tournament.
A spokesperson for the company called it a warmup for fighting game fans before the Tekken-Street Fighter crossover hits next year.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will use the same five-button configuration that its predecessor used, though it promises to incorporate special tag team attacks. Additionally, the game will run on a different engine than the one used in Tekken 6 presumably the same one that will be tapped for Tekken X Street Fighter.
The title is currently slated to hit arcades during the summer of 2011. Given the franchise's history, though, its likely Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will also grace the Xbox 360 and PS3 as well.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch