Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announced
Over the weekend, Namco Bandai announced the second iteration of its popular Tekken spin-off, Tekken Tag Tournament.
A spokesperson for the company called it a warmup for fighting game fans before the Tekken-Street Fighter crossover hits next year.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will use the same five-button configuration that its predecessor used, though it promises to incorporate special tag team attacks. Additionally, the game will run on a different engine than the one used in Tekken 6 presumably the same one that will be tapped for Tekken X Street Fighter.
The title is currently slated to hit arcades during the summer of 2011. Given the franchise's history, though, its likely Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will also grace the Xbox 360 and PS3 as well.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer