Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announced
Over the weekend, Namco Bandai announced the second iteration of its popular Tekken spin-off, Tekken Tag Tournament.
A spokesperson for the company called it a warmup for fighting game fans before the Tekken-Street Fighter crossover hits next year.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will use the same five-button configuration that its predecessor used, though it promises to incorporate special tag team attacks. Additionally, the game will run on a different engine than the one used in Tekken 6 presumably the same one that will be tapped for Tekken X Street Fighter.
The title is currently slated to hit arcades during the summer of 2011. Given the franchise's history, though, its likely Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will also grace the Xbox 360 and PS3 as well.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3