Japan is five years behind the West says Inafune
Capcom's Kenji Inafune has been one of the fiercest critics of the Japanese games industry has been at it again.
At this years show Inafune broadly criticised the games on show and said that the Japanese industry was falling behind the West.
The Mega Man creator stated:" I look around Tokyo Games Show, and everyones making awful games. Japan is at least five years behind."
He added: "Capcom is barely keeping up. I want to study how westerners live, and make games that appeal to them."
Thanks New York Times.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch