Disgaea 4 announced through Japanese retailer
A listing on the website of Japanese retailer Bic Camera indicates that Disgaea 4 is in the works and may be coming sooner than many fans anticipated.
According to Bic, the game will release in February 2011, exclusively for the PS3. The Limited Edition version of the game will come with figurine, an art book and a soundtrack. While details are currently slim, the retailer mentions the game will revolve around a "huge scale" and "network functions."
Disgaea 4 was previously mentioned by NIS head Sohei Shinkawa during an interview with Dengeki magazine, though no release date was specified. With Tokyo Game Show currently underway, the timing of this leak indicates NIS maybe be planning a formal announcement over the next few days.
The previous entry in the niche franchise, Disgaea 3, was received warmly received by critics, though it struggled commercially.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3