Disgaea 4 announced through Japanese retailer
A listing on the website of Japanese retailer Bic Camera indicates that Disgaea 4 is in the works and may be coming sooner than many fans anticipated.
According to Bic, the game will release in February 2011, exclusively for the PS3. The Limited Edition version of the game will come with figurine, an art book and a soundtrack. While details are currently slim, the retailer mentions the game will revolve around a "huge scale" and "network functions."
Disgaea 4 was previously mentioned by NIS head Sohei Shinkawa during an interview with Dengeki magazine, though no release date was specified. With Tokyo Game Show currently underway, the timing of this leak indicates NIS maybe be planning a formal announcement over the next few days.
The previous entry in the niche franchise, Disgaea 3, was received warmly received by critics, though it struggled commercially.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year