Lights out for APB
It seems that time has been called on Realtime Worlds' ill-fated MMO APB.
Today the studio announced that they would be shutting down APB's servers after a long hard fight to keep the game going.
A Realtime Worlds representative said: "APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close."
The studio was reportedly close to finding a buyer but the sale fell through at the last minute which means the studio may be closing its doors for good soon. A spokesman for Begbies Traynor the studio's administrator added: "We are embarking on a marketing process to sell the APB game platform and intellectual property rights."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today