Lights out for APB
It seems that time has been called on Realtime Worlds' ill-fated MMO APB.
Today the studio announced that they would be shutting down APB's servers after a long hard fight to keep the game going.
A Realtime Worlds representative said: "APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close."
The studio was reportedly close to finding a buyer but the sale fell through at the last minute which means the studio may be closing its doors for good soon. A spokesman for Begbies Traynor the studio's administrator added: "We are embarking on a marketing process to sell the APB game platform and intellectual property rights."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year