Lights out for APB
It seems that time has been called on Realtime Worlds' ill-fated MMO APB.
Today the studio announced that they would be shutting down APB's servers after a long hard fight to keep the game going.
A Realtime Worlds representative said: "APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close."
The studio was reportedly close to finding a buyer but the sale fell through at the last minute which means the studio may be closing its doors for good soon. A spokesman for Begbies Traynor the studio's administrator added: "We are embarking on a marketing process to sell the APB game platform and intellectual property rights."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One