Lights out for APB
It seems that time has been called on Realtime Worlds' ill-fated MMO APB.
Today the studio announced that they would be shutting down APB's servers after a long hard fight to keep the game going.
A Realtime Worlds representative said: "APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close."
The studio was reportedly close to finding a buyer but the sale fell through at the last minute which means the studio may be closing its doors for good soon. A spokesman for Begbies Traynor the studio's administrator added: "We are embarking on a marketing process to sell the APB game platform and intellectual property rights."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer