Lights out for APB
It seems that time has been called on Realtime Worlds' ill-fated MMO APB.
Today the studio announced that they would be shutting down APB's servers after a long hard fight to keep the game going.
A Realtime Worlds representative said: "APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close."
The studio was reportedly close to finding a buyer but the sale fell through at the last minute which means the studio may be closing its doors for good soon. A spokesman for Begbies Traynor the studio's administrator added: "We are embarking on a marketing process to sell the APB game platform and intellectual property rights."
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons