AMD/ATi graphics driver updates to be available on Steam
AMD and Valve has announced a partnership that will see Ati's Catalyst graphics driver software updated via Steam.
For Steam users who have ATi Radeon graphics cards the Steam client will automatically detect the hardware and update the Catalyst driver software whenever an update is available.
The partnership will officially begin with Catalyst 10.9 which launches later this month.
AMD recently announced that they will be officially dropping the ATi branding when their next generation of graphics cards launches later in the year. They will retain the Radeon name for now though.
Thanks Big Download.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer