Earth and Beyond concluding September
EA's least-successful or acclaimed foray into the realms of 'massively multiplayer online' is set to close for good this September, with the publisher pulling the plug on the Westwood developed Earth and Beyond. This news came by way of a post on the official game website, which announced the discontinuation of the persistent world come September 22nd, 2004.
Players are being informed of the implications of this via email as we speak, and EA stated that Earth and Beyond would be ceased to allow the firm to focus on other MMOG efforts. The game has been 'live' for a whisker over two years.
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer