Earth and Beyond concluding September
EA's least-successful or acclaimed foray into the realms of 'massively multiplayer online' is set to close for good this September, with the publisher pulling the plug on the Westwood developed Earth and Beyond. This news came by way of a post on the official game website, which announced the discontinuation of the persistent world come September 22nd, 2004.
Players are being informed of the implications of this via email as we speak, and EA stated that Earth and Beyond would be ceased to allow the firm to focus on other MMOG efforts. The game has been 'live' for a whisker over two years.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One