Earth and Beyond concluding September
EA's least-successful or acclaimed foray into the realms of 'massively multiplayer online' is set to close for good this September, with the publisher pulling the plug on the Westwood developed Earth and Beyond. This news came by way of a post on the official game website, which announced the discontinuation of the persistent world come September 22nd, 2004.
Players are being informed of the implications of this via email as we speak, and EA stated that Earth and Beyond would be ceased to allow the firm to focus on other MMOG efforts. The game has been 'live' for a whisker over two years.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release