Earth and Beyond concluding September
EA's least-successful or acclaimed foray into the realms of 'massively multiplayer online' is set to close for good this September, with the publisher pulling the plug on the Westwood developed Earth and Beyond. This news came by way of a post on the official game website, which announced the discontinuation of the persistent world come September 22nd, 2004.
Players are being informed of the implications of this via email as we speak, and EA stated that Earth and Beyond would be ceased to allow the firm to focus on other MMOG efforts. The game has been 'live' for a whisker over two years.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3