Earth and Beyond concluding September
EA's least-successful or acclaimed foray into the realms of 'massively multiplayer online' is set to close for good this September, with the publisher pulling the plug on the Westwood developed Earth and Beyond. This news came by way of a post on the official game website, which announced the discontinuation of the persistent world come September 22nd, 2004.
Players are being informed of the implications of this via email as we speak, and EA stated that Earth and Beyond would be ceased to allow the firm to focus on other MMOG efforts. The game has been 'live' for a whisker over two years.
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power