Shadows of the DAMNED announced for PS3/360
Though Electronic Arts' Tokyo Game Show event isn't set to begin for a few more hours, the Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu Weekly has let the cat out of the bag on one of the companies biggest surprise announcements - Shadows of the DAMNED.
Shadow of the DAMNED is the Suda 51 (Killer 7, No More Heroes) and Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil 4) joint project that's scheduled to be published under EA's partners program. The title will be gracing both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 during the summer of 2011.
While details are still slim, scans of the Famitsu coverage indicate the game will be incorporate both action and horror elements. Screenshots printed in the magazine show the game's protagonist riding a street bike and shooting at enemies from an over-the-shoulder third-person perspective.
The collaborative project was first announced back in 2008, though this is the first time since its initial reveal that any new information has been released. With EA's TGS conference set to begin in mere hours, expect a trailer and additional information soon.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015