Take Two chairman stands aside
Take Two founder Ryan Brant has taken the decision to step-down from his position as chairman of the $1-billion-plus publisher, and concentrate on furthering the company's development as vice president of publishing. Richard Roedel, a director at the PLC since 2002, and an accountant and financial expert, has now been elected chairman by the board.
"Since founding Take-Two in 1993, Mr. Brant has built the company into one of the premier global interactive entertainment companies today," praised Roedel. "Under his leadership, Take-Two has reached over $1 billion in revenue and market capitalization and has created some of the top-selling entertainment franchises of all time. The board of directors praises Ryan for his leadership, vision, and dedication to the company. Additionally, I am pleased to have the opportunity to work more closely with Take-Two's board of directors in my new role as chairman and remain committed to providing additional shareholder value."
"Take-Two's continued success was paramount in my decision," Brant commented. "I am passionate about our business and deeply committed to the company. I believe this is the right time to make a management transition to position Take-Two for the future. My new role will allow me to focus on all aspects of our publishing and product development efforts. Our board and management are exceptionally strong and have the vision and abilities to take the company to the next level."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny