Warner sets up studio in Montreal
Warner Bros have set up a games development studio in Montreal alongside Ubisoft, Eidos and EA.
The new studio will be concentrate on creating games based on DC Comics properties. In setting up the studio Warner have snared some top staff from EA and Ubisoft to run the team.
Running the studio will be Martin Carrier former VP of communications and corporate affairs at Ubisoft Montreal and Reid Schneider who has been executive producer on the Army of Two series and producer on the original Splinter Cell.
Warner Bros' Samantha Ryan said: "WB Games Montreal has begun to take shape with many new hires and the appointments of gaming industry veterans Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider to lead the studio. Martin and Reid have the interactive experience needed to lead the team in making quality games utilizing our major properties. They will continue to build the team and are currently hiring talented developers."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching