Warner sets up studio in Montreal
Warner Bros have set up a games development studio in Montreal alongside Ubisoft, Eidos and EA.
The new studio will be concentrate on creating games based on DC Comics properties. In setting up the studio Warner have snared some top staff from EA and Ubisoft to run the team.
Running the studio will be Martin Carrier former VP of communications and corporate affairs at Ubisoft Montreal and Reid Schneider who has been executive producer on the Army of Two series and producer on the original Splinter Cell.
Warner Bros' Samantha Ryan said: "WB Games Montreal has begun to take shape with many new hires and the appointments of gaming industry veterans Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider to lead the studio. Martin and Reid have the interactive experience needed to lead the team in making quality games utilizing our major properties. They will continue to build the team and are currently hiring talented developers."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto