Warner sets up studio in Montreal
Warner Bros have set up a games development studio in Montreal alongside Ubisoft, Eidos and EA.
The new studio will be concentrate on creating games based on DC Comics properties. In setting up the studio Warner have snared some top staff from EA and Ubisoft to run the team.
Running the studio will be Martin Carrier former VP of communications and corporate affairs at Ubisoft Montreal and Reid Schneider who has been executive producer on the Army of Two series and producer on the original Splinter Cell.
Warner Bros' Samantha Ryan said: "WB Games Montreal has begun to take shape with many new hires and the appointments of gaming industry veterans Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider to lead the studio. Martin and Reid have the interactive experience needed to lead the team in making quality games utilizing our major properties. They will continue to build the team and are currently hiring talented developers."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year