Warner sets up studio in Montreal
Warner Bros have set up a games development studio in Montreal alongside Ubisoft, Eidos and EA.
The new studio will be concentrate on creating games based on DC Comics properties. In setting up the studio Warner have snared some top staff from EA and Ubisoft to run the team.
Running the studio will be Martin Carrier former VP of communications and corporate affairs at Ubisoft Montreal and Reid Schneider who has been executive producer on the Army of Two series and producer on the original Splinter Cell.
Warner Bros' Samantha Ryan said: "WB Games Montreal has begun to take shape with many new hires and the appointments of gaming industry veterans Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider to lead the studio. Martin and Reid have the interactive experience needed to lead the team in making quality games utilizing our major properties. They will continue to build the team and are currently hiring talented developers."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year