Warner sets up studio in Montreal
Warner Bros have set up a games development studio in Montreal alongside Ubisoft, Eidos and EA.
The new studio will be concentrate on creating games based on DC Comics properties. In setting up the studio Warner have snared some top staff from EA and Ubisoft to run the team.
Running the studio will be Martin Carrier former VP of communications and corporate affairs at Ubisoft Montreal and Reid Schneider who has been executive producer on the Army of Two series and producer on the original Splinter Cell.
Warner Bros' Samantha Ryan said: "WB Games Montreal has begun to take shape with many new hires and the appointments of gaming industry veterans Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider to lead the studio. Martin and Reid have the interactive experience needed to lead the team in making quality games utilizing our major properties. They will continue to build the team and are currently hiring talented developers."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015