DSi update kills flashcard support
Nintendo has continued their war on piracy by disabling support for flashcards on the DSi.
The firmware version 1.4.1 update will disable support for some of the most popular flashcards used by pirates and homebrew coders.
The cards affected are Acekard 2i, DSTTi, iPlayer, M3i Zero, Supercard and DSTwo. EZ-Flash Vi, iSmart DS, and Hyper R4i are not affected this time.
The update will be applied next time players connect their DSi to the internet.
Thanks Tiny Cartridge.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3