DSi update kills flashcard support
Nintendo has continued their war on piracy by disabling support for flashcards on the DSi.
The firmware version 1.4.1 update will disable support for some of the most popular flashcards used by pirates and homebrew coders.
The cards affected are Acekard 2i, DSTTi, iPlayer, M3i Zero, Supercard and DSTwo. EZ-Flash Vi, iSmart DS, and Hyper R4i are not affected this time.
The update will be applied next time players connect their DSi to the internet.
Thanks Tiny Cartridge.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer